Pages

Monday, October 29, 2012

Things on my mind

I am super motivated over many things right now - we shall see how long these last!!  We all know how that is!  Last week water polo ended for Meagan, my oldest daughter.  We currently have no extra curricular activities, but piano lessons for Madison and youth group on Sunday's for both girls.  This is my time to take advantage of this "extra" time of not running the kids and implement some things I have seen over the last few weeks on blogs, pinterest, and an online conference I attended.  I hope for more consistency on the blog with regular postings and a "system" for them, which then I hope for growth beyond family and friends (although we love you and your support!). 

Personally, I hope to add fitness for me.  I plan to add that to the blog, so you all can follow along and that will hold me accountable.  Meagan has asked to go to the gym several times a week, so she is cross training, as well as, not losing all the fitness she has gained since last March from swimming and water polo.  We tend to let her get lazy through the winter because she has worked so hard all those months, but she pays for it in the beginning of the season.  PLUS she wants to be my motivator!!  Since she cannot get in the gym without me......that forces me to go!

I also want to try some of these suggestions I see on how to spend less on groceries.  I already do a weekly menu plan and that definitely made a huge impact on our finances, but I feel I can do even more.  Some weeks I am definitely better than others, but I am quite motivated right now!  I just read a blog where a family of four spends $400 on groceries and only shops once a month!!  Now it does not look like that included paper products, which I already buy in bulk.  She said it takes her 4 hours to do the shopping between Costco, WinCo, and WalMart.  She also recommends to start out slow or it will be overwhelming.  With that said, since I already plan for a week and shop once a week, I am going to try to do two weeks at a time and see how that goes.  I would love to take a day where I shop, prep, and freeze and be done for the month!  One of the things I have liked about menu planning, which started out as a way to save money is that I don't have to think about what we are having for dinner.  I look at what I wrote down for that day and that is it.  I know I will have everything I need to make that meal. 

So, this is what has been on my mind.  I will keep you in the loop on how it all goes!  We wish all those in the way of the storm on the East Coast well.

No comments: